Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Introducing LittleShadows!

Well, I know what you're gonna say. Five years in "production" (note the quotes) and still have to introduce the game, eh?

Making a game during your spare time is not an easy path, and I have been through, like most of game devs I guess, times of doubts, fear and desesperation. I changed my mind a thousand time about the story and the gameplay induced by that story. I wasn't clear in my mind, which is why I wasn't making progress in making the game. But the large majority of my doubts were coming from the feeling that I didn't get the right idea, the concepts I was coming with were not creative enough. So: no progress at all on the game side.

However my skillset was progressing starting litteraly from zero except on the coding part. During the day  I'm a developer for scientific application, a job I enjoy in a good company, but I don't have the thrill of designing my product. My logical brain is extremely active but my "artistic" brain is not sastisfied enough with it, so here I am.

There is more to it, of course. I have been dreaming making game since my parent bought me the Famicon, back in the late 90' (shame on them ;-)), but always thought that would be impossible. Back in the nineties, sure it was, but now that's completely feasible.


Let's go back to LittleShadows. It's a small atmospheric game, taking place into a dark world, where you have litteraly to control light to "kill" darkness. And there is a twist to it, that can't be revealed (spoiler alert!! :-) ).

I hope you guys enjoy the latest snapshot I'm posting because this is the way it will look. The story is straight and done in my head, and now on I'll be focusing on implementing the right gameplay for it. The story and the gameplay are deeply intertwined and it has to be subbtle.

But that's the topic of an other post !

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Marc-Olivier! Yes it has been a long journey, but we'll get to the end of it ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see this title going on. Congratulations and good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was a little bit dry in my ideas at some point, but I'm back in the game!

      Delete
  3. Various latest technologies such as AR and VR are integrated in the game development for mobile to give a better experience and take the gaming level to a whole new level. From 2D game development to 2D advanced games, technologies have drastically changed. Previously, game development for Android came into existence as iOS had limitations. But today’s era has changed. There are thousands of games in the industry, both for Android and iOS users.

    ReplyDelete